Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Petite decor for grand appeal




If you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it. Well, that’s what I did for this tiniest of decor for the harvest season. I have a candle stick with six cups that hold thin, tapered candles. While it is a pretty candle stick, it needed something to make it really something. I created just the thing to give it that grand appeal. I put some rings on it.




These petite rings are made from the Wee Gather Together Leaf Rings cut it set on Lettering Delights. Each tiny ring of leaves (the green base) is about 1 to 1 1/4 inches across. Each tiny flower is about 1/2 inch across. You will need seven tiny flowers per base if you choose this flower pattern, but there are many leaf options to choose as well. You can see other craft ideas in my posts with the leaf rings.




I used text weight papers from Paper Source and each ring and flower cut out smoothly. Once I had six rings and seven flowers per ring I started putting them together. I carefully pinched the petals of the tiny flowers toward their centers to cup them. I then put dabs of white glue in the centers of each leaf section on the ring and attached the flowers. It was sweet and simple and that is it!



To make the larger ring of flowers in the center of the candle holder, I cut out a circle of gray card stock to make the center base for the ring to sit on. I then repeated the same task as above, but this time I also made the tiny flowers for the center, then three additional sets of flowers in larger sizes (about 1 1/2 inch across) in paper colors: curry, tangerine and papaya. The green leaf base is in the moss color. I curled the tangerine and papaya flowers upward and the curry slightly downward. I then attached each flower to the base with tiny brads through the holes in the centers of all four flowers and leaf base. These would also make wonderful lily pad flower decor for a summer season.

To see the project of the ring of flowers around the letters (in the photo above) please see the previous post. Also, imagine the larger ring of flowers encompassing a pillar candle for even more grand appeal. Bigger isn’t always better, but it might be easier to work with. :)

May this thanksgiving season be filled with joy, and surround your ring of family and friends.

No comments: