Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy hearts day for many years!

Since love isn’t shared only on Valentine’s day I wanted to share a bit of love with you that I have been designing for the last 23 years. As each February 14 rolls around I look forward to hand making and sending out about 100 valentines and I thought it would be fun to show you the last fifteen years of these cards. Here they are in order from this year’s design to the 1999 card.

2013 Valentine’s Day Card (this is a self standing card, much like a sidewalk sign)

I did not have a postage stamp made for these cards, but would like to one day.

2012 Valentine’s Day Card (showing front and back of card, on little paper easel that comes with the card for display)

A few additional gift designs to coordinate with the card

2011 Valentine’s Day Card (this card has a turning wheel to say “love makes the world go round and round” when turned to the right and the word for “love” in individual languages when turned to the left)

2010 Valentine’s Day Card (card hangs on wall, when the acorns are pulled to the left  the message in the clock window reads “be mine” and when pulled to the right reads “I’m nuts for you”)

2009 Valentine’s Day Card (showing card outside and inside)

When opened a hanging clothes line appears.

2008 Valentine’s Day Card (showing front and inside of card)

Close up of the details of the card.

2007 Valentine’s Day Card (showing front and inside of card)

2006 Valentine’s Day Card (this is a self standing card, much like a sidewalk sign)

2005 Valentine’s Day Card (inside of card has telephone cord stretching across card from rotary dial to handset, the dial on the front of card gives valentine message when turned from numbers position)

2004 Valentine’s Day Card (card front and back)

2004 Valentine’s Day Card (inside of card)

Chocolate candy heart box to coordinate with the valentine.

2003 Valentine’s Day Card (shoe opens to reveal message and then is stored in shoebox)

2002 Valentine’s Day Card (hat opens to reveal message and then is stored in hatbox)

2001 Valentine’s Day Card (card opens with message inside and the hanky in pocket has additional message)

2000 Valentine’s Day Card (purse opens to reveal message and contents of purse, also additional chocolate candy boxes were made)

1999 Valentine’s Day Card (opens to reveal message and teabag hanging inside of card)

Every year I think my handmade valentines will be the last year I enjoy this labor of love. Yet each new year comes around reminding me of the love shared with me from so many friends and family members during the holiday season, that I what to send a little love their way, just one more time . . . and one more time . . . and one more time again. Because love never ends!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

oh my goodness!!!

I so loved receiving my card and it is still on my cutting table to be enjoyed!!

Anonymous said...

Oh don't stop making them.....I love getting your valentines cards!

Keri F said...

Beautiful Sheri! Thanks for sharing. I'm late to the party in finding your blog but I really love your creations. So fantastic. Thank you!