Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Picture of Love



It is nearly Valentine’s Day and we all think about love this time of year, for our families  . . . and our sweethearts.

This is my picture of love ~ my sweetheart, my husband, my best friend. We are fortunate enough to be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this summer and in many ways it is hard to believe it has come so quickly.


The framed photos are from our wedding weekend. Laugh if you like about the styles of the eighties, but smile with me as I share a glimpse of the man in my life I was lucky enough to start spending my future with. We are only 25 years into this, and I expect a golden anniversary to come as quickly as the silver anniversary has happily arrived.

I thought you might like to share your own special photos and mementos with your loved ones this week, or any time you want to let them know you how much they mean to you. I have a few project ideas and tips that I want to share from the Lockets of Love collection on LD. 


For this “picture of love” set of framed pictures and mimi photo and mementos folios I have used many of the sets of files from my LD Lockets of Love collection.

They are: Lockets of Love ~ Photo Cases, Borders, Frames, Charms, Keys, Labels, Messages, Alphabet and Flowers. I have also used a few flowers and leaves from the LD Cut Flowers collection.

The messages, labels and alphabet were used with the mimi folios (named Photo Cases) as well as the corners from the Borders set. These were all graphic sets, other than the corners (Borders) from the graphic set, but you could use the graphic set for borders as an option. See the close up photo below and photo at top. These little folio cases will make a statement of love any time of year and make wonderful, personal and meaningful gifts.


For the framed black and white photos I used many of the Lockets of Love Frames, mixing both the graphic and cut-it sets. I like being able to choose my solid cardstock background frame and then add some of the graphic choices to print out, cut and mat over the photos. These frame bases are easy to work with and stand up quite well on their own if the cardstock is heavy enough. I have a photo below to show you what the  frames look like from the side and back, so you can see how they are put together.


I embellished the photo frames with keys and charms from the graphic sets (see close up photo above) and flowers from the cut-it set. I also used a few flowers and leaves from my Cut Flowers collection on Lettering Delights (see photo below of flower details).


If you want to share what is in your heart this Valentine’s day, you will surly find these frames and folios just the thing to make you and your sweetheart the picture of love. Go here, if you get the picture :).

Happy Valentine’s Day from one who has spent 25 wonderful years with her valentine!

No comments: